The Power of Vitamin C
- powerful antioxidant protects cells from free radical damage*
- may improve immune system response and function*
- Known to help detoxify heavy metals widely present in our modern environment.*
We routinely reach for fortified fruit juice or vitamin-enhanced cereal in the supermarket aisles. Remarkably, vitamin C was identified less than 100 years ago. Ascorbic acid was discovered in 1912 and isolated in 1928. The real breakthrough came in 1933 when scientist Albert Szent-Gyorgyi of Hungary successfully produced vitamin C in the lab; he received the Nobel Prize in 1937 for this achievement.
Vitamin C is available as a supplement and occurs naturally in citrus fruits, tomatoes, strawberries, and vegetables like potatoes, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts. It cannot be produced in our body, and being water-soluble and quickly excreted, vitamin C must be replenished daily.
- Immune booster. White blood cells utilize vitamin C to fight off immune challenges.*
- Powerful antioxidant. Advasorb Vitamin C protects cells from oxidative damage and support healthy aging.*
- Detoxifies heavy metals. Advasorb Vitamin C promotes wound healing and provides protection against seasonal irritants, foreign invaders, and pollutants.*
- Glowing skin. Vitamin C prevents collagen breakdown. Collagen is a protein that keeps skin looking firm and youthful.*
- Heart and memory support. Studies show diets rich in vitamin C appear to support heart and brain function and contribute to overall health maintenance.*
- Vitamin C (PureWay-C®) a buffered, rapidly absorbed, better-retained form of vitamin C than regular ascorbic acid. Studies show it to be faster in stimulating healthy neurons, promoting wound healing, and protecting the immune system.*
- Black pepper extract in the form of BioPerine® helps increase the bioavailability of vitamin C by enhancing absorption.*
- N-acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC) is an amino acid compound that increases the antioxidant capacity of the blood and effectively binds with various toxins to eliminate them from the body. Enhanced immune response and strengthened resistance are the results.*