Technology and Joint Health
The body is designed to move thanks to joints.
Healthy joints are essential to body structure. Joints are junctions that connect bones within the body, bear weight, and allow us to bend, lift, jump, twist, run, squeeze, and turn. As children, these movements are effortless; as adults, maintaining joint fitness defines our ability to remain physically active while aging well.
An adult human is a complex structure containing up to 350 bones and three types of joints. Important mobile junctions such as knees, elbows, hands, hips, wrists, and ankles are called synovial joints. These joints are covered with slippery cartilage so bones can glide without friction or pain against each other. Injury, overexertion, and natural aging can damage cartilage.
Chronic pain, inflammation, and disability results when stiff joints cannot move as freely. Although cartilage continually undergoes a process of breakdown and rebuilding, the key to joint health is making sure the decline does not outpace repair.
For optimal joint health, it’s essential to protect and reduce the stress placed on joints:
- Be conscious of pain signals from your body
- Maintain proper body mechanics
- Avoid activities that overstress joints or increase pain
- Balance strenuous activity with periods of adequate rest
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Engage in low-impact exercises like swimming, golf, walking, and cycling
- Do strengthening exercises for muscles surrounding joints
- Practice range-of-motion exercises to improve joint flexibility
- Follow an anti-inflammatory diet
The good news is several natural ingredients are shown to support healthy joints without side effects. However, not everyone requires the same type of joint support.
That’s why, our QOL family developed Cartiquil®, one of their three joint formulas that helps promote joint comfort, it supports a healthy joint function, and shows results in as little as seven days.*
QOL Cartiquil® contains a trio of botanicals – turmeric, Boswellia, and celery seed --proven to provide joint comfort. This formula of technologically advanced ingredients offer a significant improvement in stability, absorption, and efficacy*:
- Meriva® curcuminis a powerful turmeric extract and potent antioxidant shown to support a balanced inflammatory response in the body.* Curcumin, found in turmeric root, gives curries its distinctive yellow color and has been used for spice and medicinal purposes for centuries. This patented version optimizes bioavailability and offers 29x higher absorption than ordinary curcumin extract.*
- Boswellia serrata, standardized as ApresFLEX® extract, is also known as Indian Frankincense. Long used as an Ayurvedic remedy, it is considered an effective anti-inflammatory. It works rather quickly to reduce pain and swelling while increasing flexibility.*
- Standardized celery seed extract, 3nB phthalides, is a unique compound found in celery. Its antibacterial properties fight infection; beneficial antioxidants relieve pain and reduce inflammation to improve joint function.*
Exercise to maintain joint flexibility and strength; avoid overtraining and overexertion and be mindful of messages your body sends you. These traditional herbs are viable and technologically advanced alternatives to support joint health without side effects!