Celebrate National Avocado Day!
July 31st is National Avocado Day!
We love avocados because they offer a wide range of health benefits. Technically the Avocado is a berry that contains one large seed. Avocado trees are self-pollinating, and the avocado fruit ripens after harvesting.
Harvested initially in south-central Mexico, the Avocado is exceptionally nutritious. A typical serving of Avocado (100 g) contains several B vitamins and vitamin K, with good content of vitamin C, vitamin E, and potassium. Avocados also contain phytosterols and carotenoids, such as lutein and zeaxanthin. Avocados are also used in soaps and cosmetics and can provide skin and hair health benefits from topical application.
Here are some ways you can celebrate National Avocado Day:
- Make guacamole - here's the BEST guacamole recipe
- Put Avocado in your smoothie- try this creamy avocado banana green smoothie.
- Make an Avocado dessert- here are 11 must-try avocado desserts
- Try Avocado ice cream- Cado is a vegan and dairy-free avocado base ice cream.
- Try an Avocado skin mask- here are four avocado skin mask recipes! Pick the one best suited for your skin goals.
- Treat your hair with Avocado- try one of these seven homemade avocado hair treatments!
- Plant your pit - here are instructions for planting your Avocado pit.
We hope you enjoy celebrating this fantastic fruit! Share this blog with your friends and family so they can enjoy this holiday too.