Age Well With Super Antioxidant Support
Consider the boundless energy of 75-year-old Rolling Stones frontman, vegan, and disciple of fitness, Mick Jagger. He prances and struts an estimated four to five miles during every concert performance without appearing breathless. Despite a life of excess in all areas early on, a focus on wellbeing in mid-life has served Jagger well. Yes, we can take a few lessons here in aging strong.
Advances in technology, DNA breakthroughs, and analytical techniques have brought exciting new knowledge to the forefront regarding physiological aging. Evidence-based science indicates mitochondria – the energy-generating “power plants” of our cells – malfunction or die off as we age. Mitochondria provide 95 percent of our cells’ energy and regulate cellular metabolism.
Coenzyme Q10, aka COQ10, is a natural antioxidant that resides in all our cells and decreases with age or interaction with medications. CoQ10 was discovered in 1957 and determined to be a key to unlocking the energy in mitochondria.* Though CoQ10 appears in small amounts through food, it is more effective through supplementation. Well studied and documented, this coenzyme plays an essential role in fueling mitochondria function and protecting cells from free radical damage.*
PQQ (pyrroloquinoline quinone) is a superstar micronutrient and antioxidant only recently isolated in 2003. Scientists found that PQQ supports mitochondrial health and cellular energy production, keys to healthy aging.* PQQ improves stress-related sleep and mood; enhances short-term memory, retention, and attention span; and can reduce fatigue and lethargy.* PQQ also spurs mitochondrial biogenesis, spontaneously increasing the number of mitochondria in the body to support healthy aging and protect the brain.*
Evidence shows PQQ is beneficial for the brain and body in three principal ways:
- Prevents Oxidative Stress.* Slows the buildup of oxidative radicals within the body, to help you age well.*
- Supports Optimal Mitochondrial Function.* When mitochondria are damaged or diminished, sufficient energy needed is not available to all organs in the body. The result is fatigue, foggy thinking, and accelerated aging at the cellular level. PQQ helps activate, transport, and metabolize energy from ingested food throughout the body.*
- Supports Nerve Growth Factor.* Studies show PQQ may stimulate the production of nerve growth factor within cells to help brain neurons, supporting cognition, and memory function.*
While CoQ10 works to improve the speed and efficiency of mitochondria function, PQQ promotes the growth of mitochondria.* Together they help the body convert food and oxygen into more energy, faster.*
QOL Enhanced VitaPQQ® with MicroActive® CoQ10 offers the cognitive support and benefits of both antioxidants in one formulation.* When these two ingredients work together, the boost in cellular energy production keeps mitochondria functioning at optimal levels.*
MicroActive CoQ10 is a more highly bioavailable form that is better absorbed and delivers micronized, sustained release of CoQ10 over 24 hours. Together this combination of PQQ and CoQ10 works synergistically:
- improves short-term memory and focus*
- supports the generation of new mitochondria*
- works better than either ingredient alone*