Boost Your Immune System With AHCC®
Today is such an exciting time to be alive! Over the last few years, it seems that the world has taken a huge step in the right direction when it comes to health. Today, people are no longer just grabbing anything from the shelf, but they are now reading labels and advisories from the Food and Drug Administration to have a better understanding of the ingredients in each product that they consume.
We are given one body to protect. Many people do not realize the importance of fueling their body with nourishing ingredients. Everything that you put in your body has an effect making it important to be aware of the choices that you make.
As science has evolved over time, researchers took a dive into the depths of different products and found many natural ingredients that come from mother earth hold some incredible benefits!
Mushrooms have been around as long as humans have recorded history. They have been studied a countless amount of times, with over five million known species to date! However, out of this large group, only 270 stand in a class of their own. This is because scientists have discovered that they have unique medicinal properties!
We are sure you have heard of shiitake mushrooms, but if you have not heard of AHCC®, then take a seat because we are about to blow your mind!
What Is AHCC® And How It’s Made?
AHCC® is a patented, low-molecular-weight medicinal mushroom extract that typically comes from the mycelia (or underground portion) of shiitake of the basidiomycete family of mushrooms. To be clear, AHCC® is not a genus or species of mushroom, but it is a unique compound extract. It is a rich nutritional supplement that has been a popular alternative medicine in China and Japan for many years.
AHCC® is a supplement that is made from a unique compound that was extracted from a hybridization of several species of mushroom. This is how it is made:
- Shiitake mushrooms were the first ingredient ever of AHCC®. These specific mushrooms have a rich history of promoting wellness.*
- AHCC® is made only using the mycelia. The mycelia are hair-like root structures of these powerful mushrooms that are located underground.
- The various mycelia are then cultured in rice bran extract until they form a colony. It is important to keep in mind that the rice bran extract has an immune system.
- Take a seat because the colony is then cultured for an additional 45 to 60 days.
- The colony then undergoes a series of patented steps that involve sterilization, cultivation, decomposition by enzymes, concentration, and freeze-drying.
This process was created and perfected at the University of Tokyo Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences by a doctor named Toshihiko Okamoto, along with the researchers at Amino Up Chemical CO. Ltd. The final result of this super careful manufacturing process is the supplement that has been changing lives all around the world: AHCC®.
Why Is My Immune System Health So Important?
AHCC® has been shown to provide many benefits, such as regulating blood pressure and promoting healthy blood activity*.
Do you ever seem to constantly feel unwell? This could be a sign that you need to strengthen your immune system!
Having a healthy immune system is so important to your overall health, with the main purpose being to protect your body from bacteria. Your immune system is your body’s natural defense system and works by recognizing the difference between alien cells and your body’s cells.
Your immune system is made up of white blood cells, antibodies, and other components, including lymph nodes and organs. If you have a weak immune system, you will find that you are susceptible to feeling unwell.
Your immune system is extremely complex and can be quite touchy! If it is underactive, your defenses are low, leaving you vulnerable to bad bacteria and germs. If it is overactive, then it can attack the body by accident!
AHCC® and the Immune System
The most popular benefit loved by many that comes from this all-powerful extract is the support of immune system health*.
AHCC® is a supplement derived from hybridized medicinal mushrooms. It has been shown to provide health benefits and support your immune function by cranking up the dial on your natural immune system response.* This means that this superfood works to enhance your ability to ward off all kinds of threats to your health!*
Supported by more than 30 human clinical studies and clinical trials, AHCC® prompts an early activation of the immune system. It works by enhancing the production of cytokines, which is a large group of proteins, peptides, and glycoproteins that are secreted by specific cells of the immune system. This increases the activity of certain white blood cells, including CD cells, NK cells, T-cells, and macrophages*.
You have two basic types of immunity known as innate and adaptive. Your innate immunity launches an immediate nonspecific attack against a threat where your adaptive immunity produces a specific response to a particular microbe.
Your innate immunity acts as your first line of defense and is made up of the following:
- Natural killer cells (NK cells) – these are the white blood cells that recognize and destroy abnormal or infected cells by injecting granules into them. This causes them to explode. Your white blood cell count is important as it is key in understanding your overall health. Having a low white blood cell count can put you at not feeling well.
- Cytokines – these are little chemical messengers that help your immune cells to communicate and coordinate an immune response.
- Macrophages – these are very special white blood cells that ingest bacterial and cellular debris.
- Dendritic cells- also white blood cells, these present foreign substances to B and T cells which initiate an adaptive response.
Your adaptive immunity acts as your second line of defense and is made up of the following:
- B and T cells – B cells, which mature in the bone marrow and T cells, which mature in the thymus, are lymphocytes. These white blood cells are able to recognize previous invaders and destroy them with a specific response.
It is so important to keep your innate and adaptive immune systems strong and alert, so you can be ready when you need to be. The reason why most people aren’t always 100% healthy is due to compromised immunity. The more that you can do to support your immune system, the better. AHCC® is an easy way to naturally boost your defenses, making it one of the best dietary supplements in the health and wellness industry today -- even better than Vitamin C!*
AHCC® is a remarkable mushroom product that has made a breakthrough in changing the world of the supplement industry forever! AHCC® has anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory, immune system enhancing, and antioxidant properties*. Here are some facts regarding AHCC®:
- AHCC® is a functional food that is rich in alpha-glucans
- AHCC® is a standardized extract of Lentinula edodes
- AHCC® was developed in 1987
- AHCC® was first manufactured in Japan
- AHCC® is used in universities, hospitals, and other large institutions around the world
- AHCC® has been studied for over 20 years
- AHCC® modulates your body’s innate immunity supporting a healthy immune system*
- AHCC® is shown to provide immune support by maintaining NK cell activity, promoting T-cell and macrophage activity, enhancing cytokine production, and increasing the number of dendritic cells*.
Who Can Take AHCC®?
What is so great about AHCC® is that anyone can take it, regardless of health status. Since AHCC® is a natural compound extracted from mushrooms, it is a safe and healthy way to boost your immune system!*
But What if I Am Allergic to Mushrooms?
Another great question! Allergies to mushrooms are most often associated with exposure to the spores from the mushroom. These spores originate at the top of the mushroom, called the fruiting body. The good news is that AHCC® is derived from the mycelia, which is the root of the mushroom – so it does not contain any spores meaning healthy adults should not have any issues! However, if you have an allergy, then it is always a good idea to speak with your primary care provider prior to starting any new supplement to make sure that you won't have any undesired side effects.
Your immune system acts as your first line of defense. Anyone who wants a strong immune system can benefit from the effects of AHCC®.