Celebrate Compliment Day!
Today we recognize compliment day!
This holiday is not well known – but we think it is a very important day. In fact, at QOL we think compliment day is so important so we are on a mission to increase awareness of this holiday! Join us in this mission. Why we think compliment day is so important is because this day is a reminder of the power of words. Words are so powerful – use them wisely!
Giving compliments can create many positive outcomes. Complimenting co-workers can promote a positive work culture, improve relationships and make your organization more successful. Giving compliments to friends and family can strengthen your relationships. There are really no rules when it comes to giving compliments – but there are a few things to consider. It is important to be specific – this way the receiver knows you are being genuine. You may feel overwhelmed and unsure where to start, but a great way to begin is by sitting down and making a list of the people in your life. Then, think of one great compliment-worthy thing about each of the people on your list. Once you have spent some time filling out your list, it’s time for compliment delivery!
Here are some ways to deliver your compliments:
- Send an E-compliment – you can deliver compliments electronically via email!
- Text a praise – you can also send a compliment through text! People are constantly checking their phone – this is a great way to ensure they will receive your compliment.
- Mail a letter – in our technology-driven world, getting a letter in the mail offers a certain charm and thoughtfulness. Write a letter to a coworker, family member or friend complimenting them on recent accomplishment.
- Print and post – print out a compliment and post it on the wall where the receiver will see it. This is a fun one to do at work – post a compliment on your co-workers office wall or cubical wall. You can also do this in your own home!
- Deliver verbal praise – giving a compliment in person is a powerful way to make someone feel special. Stop by your coworker’s desk and deliver them a compliment or ask a friend to lunch and deliver them a verbal compliment.
We hope you get a chance to compliment all the people that make your life so great today! Share this blog with your friends and family so they can celebrate compliment day too.