Eat for Gut Heath
Did you know that your gut is responsible for producing up to 95% of the serotonin found in your body? Serotonin is one of the principal neurotransmitters that generate your happy thoughts.
When your gut is out of whack, it can often affect your mood. For optimal health and happiness, it is essential to eat foods that promote a healthy gut.
Here are some foods that are known to promote a healthy gut:
- Kefir - fermented foods are full of healthy, living bacteria that contribute to our microbiome.
- Sauerkraut - another fermented food, sauerkraut (fermented cabbage) acts as a vehicle to deliver health-promoting probiotic bacteria to the GI tract.
- Kombucha - black tea fermented by a symbiotic mixture of bacteria, fizzy kombucha is becoming one of the most popular fermented foods in the American diet.
- Butter - butter is a source of naturally occurring butyrate in our diets. Food sources of butyrate may also enhance intestinal barrier function and improve overall gut health. Remember to look for butter from grass-fed cows.
- Lentils - Lentils can contribute to our gut health in a few different ways. Lentils contain soluble fiber, which is fermented in our colon. Lentils are also a source of prebiotics that feed our existing beneficial gut bacteria.
- Dark chocolate - the bacteria within our GI tract can efficiently ferment dark chocolate and even produce anti-inflammatory byproducts.
Diet plays a huge role in gut health, but as we know, having a perfect diet is nearly impossible. And that is OK! This is where supplements come into play.
Sometimes we are going to choose pizza over a salad, that's just the reality of it. Luckily, we grouped three powerful supplements with gut health and detoxification benefits so that you can address these less than perfect times naturally.
Peptisol® - works in four ways to combat our most common and dreaded digestive complaints. * Peptisol® uses all-natural ingredients such as ginger root extract, artichoke leave extract, and GutGuard DGL, a licorice root extract. This powerful combo has shown to promote daily regularity, alleviate occasional heartburn and relieve the symptoms of occasional indigestion. *
Deodorex® - while the average person can survive on just 10% of their kidney function, that doesn't mean you should take your kidney health for granted. Get a powerful detoxification with Deodorex®! * This unique supplement works from the inside out, clearing toxic buildups of ammonia, indole, and skatole, which accumulate in your intestines and blood. * Sourced from a mushroom extract, we don't believe in harmful ingredients.
What are you waiting for, shop our supplements now!P.S. Don’t forget to try our favorite gut health recipe that the whole family will love! Try this delicious Broccoli Stalk, Kimchi and Zucchini Tangle with Honey Tamari Almonds. It’s packed with veggies, and the almonds give it a satisfying crunch.