Eat Your Way to Healthy Aging With These 7 Foods!
As we age we are told to watch what we eat but today we are here to encourage you to eat! That’s right, you read this correctly – we are here to give you a list of foods you should be incorporating into your diet for healthy aging.
It is important to take extra care of yourself as you get older. Our bodies begin to change and start to need a little bit of extra support to make sure everything runs smoothly. Aside from exercising regularly and taking your supplements, it is important to eat a well-balanced diet – there are many healthy aging nutrients you can get from various foods. It is also important to keep in mind that like anything in life, moderation is important for any diet.
Here are the 7 foods you need to add to your grocery list for your next trip:
- Yogurt. As we mentioned before, as we get older we tend to watch what we eat – whether it be to watch our figure or because we realized that our digestive system just doesn’t work like it used to. Yogurt contains “good bacteria” that support gut health and any age-related intestinal issues.
- Red Wine. We’ve all heard that too much alcohol is bad for you. But in moderation red wine can actually be pretty good for you. Red wine contains resveratrol – an antioxidant polyphenol with great promise for supporting healthy metabolism, normal insulin sensitivity, and optimal blood flow. If wine isn’t your beverage of choice, then maybe you’d like to check out our Resveratrol-SR supplement!
- Broccoli. Whether you have it as a quick snack or incorporate it in your dinner, Broccoli is an anti-inflammatory vegetable full of nutrients such as vitamin C, fiber, folate, calcium, and a variety of antioxidants. Vitamin C is most important to the production of collagen thus supporting skin strength and elasticity.
- Tomatoes. Whether you love them or hate them, we can’t deny its healthy aging benefits. Lycopene, the antioxidant that gives tomatoes its bright red pigment, also works to ward off UV- induced damage – such as wrinkles.
- Fatty Fish. We’ve all heard about the benefits of taking a fish oil supplement (like our Advasorb® DHA supplement!), but in addition to that eating your omega 3-fats is important as well. In fact, omega-3 fats help prevent cholesterol buildup in arteries.
- Blueberries. Rich in vitamins A and C, blueberries are a great antioxidant. The antioxidants they contain may help protect your skin from any damage due to the sun, stress, and pollution. Another added benefit is that blueberries are just overall a delicious fruit.
- Nuts. We want you to live your best life for as long as you can – and nuts might just help you do that. A study has shown that incorporating nuts into your diet could on average gain an extra two and a half years. You’d be nuts to not incorporate this into your meals!
Whether you’re eating these as a snack or incorporating them into your favorite dish, make sure you have them in moderation, too much of something is never good. Of course like many nutritional foods it can be hard to get the necessary amount of nutrients from just foods – so make sure to eat your way to health and take your healthy aging supplements.