Happy Homemade Healthy Bread Day!
You may not have known, but today is actually a very important holiday. Every year on the 16th of November we honor National Homemade Healthy Bread Day. If you love bread as much as we do you will understand the importance of celebrating this day to the fullest!
Bread has developed a bad rep over the past few years, but in reality bread doesn’t have to be unhealthy. If you do it right, bread can be an extremely nutritious food that is also diverse enough to be suitable for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack time! We decided this year it is our mission to prove that bread can be both good-for-you and tasty. We put hundreds of healthy bread recipes to the test and curated a list of our favorites.
Here is our healthy bread guide, we hope you enjoy!
- Whole wheat Banana Bread - this bread is made with 100% whole grains, is dairy-free and you only need 1 bowl to make it!
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread – this pumpkin bread is super moist due to the addition of Greek yogurt, which is also a great source of protein.
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread - this loaf is naturally sweetened with honey.
- Peanut butter berry loaf – this bread is low carb and features the milk alternative of your choice!
- G-free White Bread – it can be challenging to find a gluten-free white bread recipe that tastes good, give this one a try! We promise you won’t be disappointed.
- Apple Cinnamon Bread – this bread is sweet, moist and flavorful! Give it a try for breakfast or an anytime snack.
- Low Sugar:
- Low Fat:
- Blueberry Banana Bread – this low calorie loaf is extremely soft and fluffy with bursts of blueberry.
- Low Calorie Classic Banana Bread – with less than 100 calories per serving, this banana bread is great if you are on a diet!
- Flourless Zucchini Bread – zucchini gives this loaf its wonderful moisture, without adding excessive amounts of fat.
- Paleo Friendly:
- Low Carb:
Now what are you waiting for? Get baking! See how many of these healthy homemade bread recipes you can try out. Share this blog with your friends and family so they can get in on the fun too. Another fun way you can celebrate Homemade Healthy Bread Day is to organize a bread swap with friends or colleagues. To ensure uniqueness of the loaves, fill a hat with various different ingredients, i.e.; banana, pumpkin, zucchini, or peanut butter. Have everyone participating pull an ingredient name at random, whatever they pick must be used in their loaf!We hope this blog helps you make the most of this tasty holiday!