Happy National Poetry Month!
National poetry month takes place every year in April - you may not know but writing poetry can have a magical effect on your body, mind and soul. Poetry therapy has been recognized by many as a great way to improve mental wellness. Here are some ways that writing a poem can help your health!
- Improve self-esteem – the act of creating something will give you a feeling of self-worth. This will increase your levels of joy and happiness that will ultimately make you feel better about yourself and improve your self-esteem.
- Increase creative thinking – writing a poem takes a lot of brain power! You will have to wrack your brain to come up with metaphors and imagery. This will help foster and promote creative thinking in all aspects of your life. Conditioning your brain for creative thinking will help you at work and also when dealing with family and friends!
- Helps with emotional pain – unfortunately emotional pain is something that we all experience at one point or another. Writing poetry can be a great and healthy way to vent or express pain.
- Improves cognitive function – the process of writing a poem, looking for the perfect word or creating unique rhymes can help strengthen your cognitive functions.
- Promotes self-awareness - writing a poem will help you explore yourself and take inventory on what feelings may be circulating within your head. You will also be able to learn what you are attracted to by what you enjoy to write about.
After learning about the various health benefits of poetry writing – we decided it would be a good idea to write our own poem!
Supplement Your Life – by QOL
Catching a cold?
Stock up on Gold.
Fight back with Platinum.
Allergies got you feeling like sin?
Get back to your best with Allerfin.
Pop open a bottle of Cartilast.
Ignore the call with Serotonin.
Supplement your life!
We hope this poem brings some joy to your day! This April give poetry writing a try - you can get inspiration from your friends, family or even the changing seasons.