Healthy Gingerbread Recipes!
Gingerbread is a holiday staple that emerges in many forms this time of year. You will find gingerbread man cookies, gingerbread houses, gingerbread loaves, and many more twists off this classic confection!
The term gingerbread comes from Medieval England and means ‘preserved ginger’. Ginger provides many health benefits due to its high continence of vitamins and minerals like iron, vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, and zinc. Ginger has anti-inflammatory qualities, may minimize menstrual cramps, and can help with weight management!
Typical gingerbread recipes contain loads of sugar and fat which works against the health benefits provided by ginger. Excess sugar and fat can wreak havoc on your body and lead to many health complications! Luckily your QOL health guru is on the job, we have found various healthy gingerbread recipes so you can enjoy this holiday must-have without putting a burden on your body. Give some of these swaps a try!
- Gingerbread cookies don’t need gluten to be delicious. Don’t believe us? Try these gluten free gingerbread cookies!
- Looking for a low calorie gingerbread man? This classic gingerbread man cookie recipe will only set you back 52 calories.
- These gingerbread cookies are so fluffy and amazing you won’t believe that they are vegan!
- This gingerbread loaf features applesauce and pumpkin puree! It is gluten free and also low calorie – make sure to give this a try.
- This low-fat gingerbread cookie recipe has less than half the fat of typical gingerbread man cookies.
- If you are looking for a gingerbread cake that is rich in flavor and moist in texture - this recipe is for you!
- Looking for something non-traditional? Try these gingerbread cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. They are perfect for the holidays but also packed with protein!
Ok – we saved the best for last! This Gingerbread house recipe is gluten-free, grain-free, egg-free, dairy-free, nut-free and paleo friendly! Making healthy swaps is not only beneficial for your health – but it will also help teach healthy habits to your family or loved ones. These recipes are sure to be a crowd pleaser at any holiday party, cookie swap, or family dinner…now go get baking!
Now don’t be stingy…share this blog with your friends and family so they can get in on the healthy baking too!