Healthy Green Foods for St. Patrick’s Day!
We love celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with some green food - but you might want to avoid that green bagel if you are concerned with your health. Luckily, the color green is naturally occurring in many nutritious foods!
Try these six healthy green recipes to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this year:
- Green smoothie bowl - this simple SUPER green smoothie bowls packed with tons of greens and customizable toppings! The healthiest and easiest way to turn a smoothie into a meal.
- Matcha green tea pancakes - made with coconut flour, matcha powder, buttermilk, and egg whites, these pancakes are winning the healthy flapjack game. Serve up a stack of these bad boys topped with Greek yogurt, crunchy pistachios, and a drizzle of honey.
- Green healthy muffin - you'll never guess the secret ingredients in these moist and super-delicious green muffins. Spinach, yes! Mixed with bananas and oil, this power-packed muffin version of a Green smoothie recipe will keep you filled up for a long time, without compromising on the taste factor.
- Super green salad - this salad is basically a health boost in a bowl!
- Green lettuce wrap sandwich - how to make a romaine lettuce wrap sandwich that doesn't fall apart? The trick is to use parchment paper to wrap it up tightly. Try it with this lettuce sandwich wrap recipe!
- Magically delicious Matcha overnight oat - this healthy overnight oats recipe is great for St. Patrick's Day breakfast with matcha green tea and a rainbow of low-calorie healthy fruits.