Healthy Holiday Cookies!
They might say that ignorance is bliss...
But when it comes to your health, knowledge is power! This time of year, we tend to loosen our belts and indulge in more treats than we usually would.
We did some research, finding the nutritional facts of many of our favorite holiday cookies. Unfortunately, our findings were grim. Most of these cookies are loaded with sugar, fat, and calories. A classic sugar cookie will cost you 194 calories and packs 31 mg of cholesterol. Think those gingerbread men are harmless? Think again! Each one of those smiling gingerbread men is a trojan horse for 151 calories and 5 grams of fat!
It is important to remember that calories, fat, and sugar are not enemies! This is so unfortunate is because it is unnecessary. You can make these cookies taste just as good with healthy ingredients, or less sugar and fat!
Some may say "That’s just how the cookie crumbles." But at QOL we strive to find a healthier way!
We found these seven healthy and tasty holiday cookie recipes, so you don't have to choose between your health and a decadent dessert.
- Healthy Classic Gingerbread Man Cookies - if you are looking for a healthy version of a classic gingerbread man cookie, look no further! The best part is, these cookies only 41 calories each, so don't feel guilty about having a few.
- Cranberry Blondies with White Chocolate Chunks - these are great if you are looking for something genuinely unique and nutritious. They include white beans and flax seeds, so they offer many health benefits while busting with cranberries and white chocolate chunks! (
- Italian Rainbow Cookies - these iconic cookies that are more like mini cakes are a beloved classic. This recipe uses matcha instead of green food dye!
- Thumbprint cookies - classically done with jam, you can also make this cookie with almond and chocolate. Additionally, this recipe is gluten and grain-free.
- Snowball cookies - this healthy version only contains 4 ingredients and seriously melt in your mouth!
- Peanut butter cookies - soft, chewy, and moist without any butter! Find out how.
- White Chocolate Biscotti - this recipe replaces butter with avocado, but you won't even be able to taste it.
We hope you have a chance to try all these healthy recipes this holiday season. No matter what you are celebrating, these cookies are perfect. Are you a cookie gifter? These recipes are perfect for cookie gift baskets!
Let us know in the comments which holiday cookie is your favorite.