Healthy Pumpkin Spice Makeover!
Its pumpkin spice season, and although you may be tempted to get a PSL every day of the week, you may want to hold off and leave them for special occasions. If you are a die-hard pumpkin spice fan, you may want to brace yourself for this… A grande pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks clocks in at 380 calories and contains 14 grams of fat. Long story short… those daily PSLs are going to leave you looking like a pumpkin by the end of fall!
Luckily, your QOL health guru is also a pumpkin spice expert! We have found the perfect healthy pumpkin spice latte swap so you don’t have to give up your daily PSL. This healthy pumpkin spice latte recipe will only set you back 110 calories and has none of the dangerous preservatives that you will find in a Starbucks PSL.
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups strongly brewed coffee
- 3 cups 1% low-fat milk ( or milk of choice)
Now follow these 4 simple steps:
Step 1: Over low heat in a medium saucepan, add water, sugars, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Whisk and then let simmer for 20 minutes.
Step 2: Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
Step 3: Brew coffee. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk milk vigorously until warm and foamy.
Step 4: For each individual latte, mix 1 cup of coffee with 4 tablespoons of syrup until syrup is dissolved. Top with 1/2 cup of whisked milk.
Now we wouldn’t want to leave you underwhelmed… so we found some healthy pumpkin spice treats so you can totally overload on pumpkin spice!
- These pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are vegan but you wouldn’t know it!
- Looking for a go-to pumpkin breakfast? These oatmeal pumpkin chocolate chip muffins will not disappoint.
- Low in calories and carbs – these pumpkin bars somehow manage to still be full of flavor… Don’t believe us? Try them for yourself!
- Imagine eating a bowl full of the creamy insides of a pumpkin pie? Well with this Vegan pumpkin custard you really can!
- Pumpkin pancakes are a staple on chilly fall mornings. This pumpkin pancake recipe is great because it features chia seeds which provide many health benefits!
What are you waiting for! Go get cooking – challenge yourself to try all these healthy pumpkin recipes before fall is over! Share this blog with your friends and family so they can enjoy these recipes too.