Healthy Super Bowl Activities and Foods!
Super Bowl LIII will take place on Sunday, February 3, 2019! Let’s have a healthy Super Bowl this year. Traditional Super Bowl party foods are high in sugar, fat, and calories. That in addition to the fact that you will be parked on the couch in front of the TV all day can be taxing to your health!
It’s important to know that you can celebrate the Super Bowl and have a great time, while still being healthy and making good choices for your body. In this blog we will show you some healthy Super Bowl party recipes and some fun ways to stay active on this day.
Here are some healthy swaps for traditional Super Bowl dishes that we love:
- Try this fun chicken and waffle recipe! Each slider will only set you back 52 calories.
- This creamy vegan spinach dip is raw and gluten free!
- Ditch those greasy chips - whip up a batch of these zucchini parmesan chips
- Not a fan of zucchini? These oven-baked chickpeas are also a great chip alternative!
- Dessert doesn’t have to be unhealthy to be delicious! These marshmallow popcorn bars are the perfect game day dessert.
- Buffalo chicken dip is a Super Bowl staple! Luckily, we have found a delicious and healthy version of this snack table favorite.
- These football shaped pretzel nuggets are sure to be a crowd pleaser. You will be surprised they’re only 35 calories per nugget!
Being glued to the TV all day can have negative effects on your body – especially with the additional calories you will be consuming. Here are some fun ways to get active on this day:
- Play football with your friends or family
- Do exercises during the commercial breaks
Or you could try this Super Bowl workout:
Super Bowl Shuffle: Perform for one minute to get your heart rate up and pumping.
Do the shuffle for the entire first commercial of every break.
Penalty Planks: Perform 10 reps total alternating leading with the right arm and then the left.
When a penalty is called perform 10 reps total alternating leading with the right arm and then the left.
Toe-Pop Touchdowns: Standing on the balls of your feet with your heels lifted, lower down into a squat and alternate touching down right and left 20 times. Option to pulse the squat.
Hold and alternate touching down during the touchdown replays.
Dumbbell Defense: With 8 pound dumbbells or more, perform 15 shoulder presses, 15 bicep curls, 15 overhead triceps extensions
Every time your team is on defense perform 15 shoulder presses, 15 bicep curls, 15 overhead tricep extensions.
Burpee Blitz: Perform for 1 minute.
When your team performs a blitz, do 10 reps
Halftime Hinges: Perform 12 reps in split-stance or with back leg lifted on each leg. Option to use 8 pound dumbbell or more.
During halftime, perform 12 reps on each leg, 3 times through.
We hope you have a healthy and fun Super Bowl party! Share this blog with your friends and family so they can have a healthy Super Bowl Sunday too.