Healthy Treats for Halloween
Spice up your spooky season by making these healthy treats for Halloween.
- Make these healthy treats for Halloween this year.
- Children and adults alike can enjoy these healthy, yummy recipes on Halloween.
- Celebrating the holiday season can include Halloween-themed health-conscious treats.
Whip up these delicious and healthy Halloween foods to celebrate this spooky time of year!
Table of Contents
- How to Stay Healthy and Festive During Halloween
- Pumpkin Spice Pretzels
- Spooky Banana Popsicles
- Candy Corn Parfaits
How to Stay Healthy and Festive During Halloween
Halloween is right around the corner, and we want to help you celebrate with healthy, festive foods. Enjoying delicious Halloween treats doesn’t have to compromise your healthy diet.
Many traditional Halloween treats contain refined sugars, chocolate, artificial flavorings, and harmful chemicals. You can avoid all of these by following our healthy Halloween recipes.
You can make yummy Halloween treats healthy by including plenty of vegetables and natural sweeteners. Instead of relying on high-sugar treats, try these high-fiber, nutritious recipes.
You don’t have to swear off candy and other typical Halloween treats to stay healthy, either. The occasional piece of candy will not harm your overall health.
Remember to enjoy Halloween foods using moderation and good judgment. Mix these healthy Halloween treats with other sugary foods to create a balanced, happy, healthy spooky season.
Pumpkin Spice Pretzels
Pumpkin spice captures the essence of fall. Treat yourself to these Pumpkin Spice Pretzels when you are looking for an easy, healthy, festive snack!
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 25 ounces of white chocolate
- 8 ounces of pretzels
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice mixture
- 2 drops of orange food coloring
- Orange sprinkles
You can leave out the orange food coloring and sprinkles, but these make the finished product more festive.
This healthy Halloween recipe is as simple as it gets. If you are looking for a quick snack to get you in the Halloween spirit, this is it.
Follow these instructions to make this recipe:
- Line large baking trays with parchment paper or use silicone baking mats — these will hold the pretzels while they are in the refrigerator later
- Melt 25 ounces of white chocolate in the microwave — make sure you stop the microwave every 15 seconds or so and stir the chocolate
- When the white chocolate is fully melted, add in a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice and the orange food coloring
- Stir until this mixture is combined evenly
- Dip each pretzel into the white chocolate while it is still warm and melted — cover about three-fourths of each pretzel for the best taste and appearance
- Place each dipped pretzel onto your baking tray or silicone baking mat
- Once they are all dipped and placed on the trays or mats, drizzle them with the remaining melted white chocolate
- Top the pretzels with orange sprinkles for a more aesthetically-pleasing presentation
- Place the pretzels in your refrigerator for one hour or overnight
Refrigeration allows the white chocolate to harden and creates a crunchier texture. Enjoy this snack at your leisure.
Spooky Banana Popsicles
This recipe makes for a frozen, healthy Halloween treat that even the pickiest eaters will surely enjoy. These yogurt and banana popsicles have essential nutrients that you and your children can benefit from this Halloween.
To make these popsicles, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 large bananas
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 16 popsicle sticks
- 1 cup of vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 small bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup of natural creamy peanut butter
You will not need many chocolate chips, as these will be used for the “eyes” on the popsicles. These popsicles will resemble mummies and ghosts when you are finished, making them a fun and healthy Halloween treat for kids.
Follow these instructions to make your healthy Halloween popsicles:
- Peel two bananas and slice them in half (crossways)
- Cut each half into another half (longways) — you should have four long narrow slices
- Carefully place a popsicle stick into each slice
- Place them on a baking sheet or silicone mat
- Peel the other two bananas and cut off the pointy ends
- Slice each banana longways into three log-like pieces
- Place a popsicle stick into each slice and place them with the other popsicles
- Freeze all of the banana popsicles for at least 30 minutes — freeze them overnight for the best results
- When you are ready to finish the recipe, mix the Greek yogurt and powdered sugar in a bowl
- Dip each banana popsicle into the yogurt and sugar mixture — evenly coat the banana while leaving the popsicle stick clean
- Once the banana popsicles are dipped, place two chocolate chips on each popsicle to make “eyes”
- Return the popsicles to the freezer and allow them to harden
- Heat your peanut butter in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds, or until smooth
- Drizzle this mixture on the “mummy” popsicles to represent bandages
- Return the mummy popsicles to the freezer for at least 30 minutes, or until the peanut butter hardens
- Serve directly out of the freezer and enjoy!
You can be as creative as you would like with these spooky popsicles. They are low-calorie and contain plenty of potassium from the bananas.
Candy Corn Parfaits
Craving some sugar-filled candy corn but want a healthier snack instead? Try these Candy Corn Parfaits made with real fruit!
To make these fruit parfaits, you will need the following ingredients:
- Pineapple chunks
- Whipped cream
- Mandarin oranges
- Real candy corn (optional)
- Mason jars (optional for presentation)
These ingredients create the same colors as real candy corn. You can leave out the candy corn to make this recipe healthier.
This is the easiest healthy Halloween recipe out there. All you have to do is assemble the parfait using your fresh ingredients.
To make the parfaits look like candy corn, follow these instructions:
- Line the bottom of your mason jar with the pineapple chunks
- Add a layer of mandarin oranges on top of the pineapple
- Add a layer of whipped cream on top of the mandarin oranges
- Top with a few pieces of real candy corn if you desire
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate – make sure to eat them while the fruit is still fresh
If you follow these steps closely, your mason jar will look like a large piece of candy corn. When you’re in the mood for a tasty but healthy Halloween treat, this is the recipe to use!