Healthy Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s Day is here again – and you know what that means, fancy dinners, endless chocolates and candies, and extravagant dates. Unfortunately, all of this can be taxing on your health. Luckily, your QOL health guru has researched a few healthy Valentine’s Day alternatives for you and your loved one. You can enjoy this holiday without it having a negative effect on your health – or the health of your valentine. Helping someone embrace healthy choices is one of the best ways to show your love for them.
Here are some healthy Valentine’s Day gifts:
- Healthy chocolates – if you’re going to give chocolate, go dark! Dark chocolate is actually very healthy due to the fact that it is loaded with nutrients that can positively affect your health. Dark chocolate contains organic compounds that are biologically active and function as antioxidants. Give your valentine a small quantity of high quality dark chocolate!
- Plants rather than cut flowers – cut flowers die within a week! Plants can last for years and also are eco-friendly.
- Grazebox – Grazebox is a subscription box for healthy snacks – this is a great alternative for typical Valentine’s Day chocolates.
- Send fruit – Edible Arrangements creates fruit bouquets that make great healthy gifts. Also, Harry & David has fruit baskets along with fruit subscription services that you can give your healthy loved one.
We also have found some healthy Valentine’s Day date ideas, give these a try:
- Take a cooking class – taking a cooking class is a fun activity, choose a cooking class featuring healthy food! This is a great way for you and your valentine to learn some new ways to prepare healthy foods.
- Get a couples massage – couples massages are relaxing, but also good for you! It is known that massages can improve mental and physical wellness.
- Work out together – working out with your significant other can make for a fun date! Sign up for a class together, or hit the local running trail or bike path.
- See a local band – live music always makes for a great time – Also, if you choose to do some dancing that doubles as a sneaky workout!
- Try a comedy club – maybe loud music isn’t your thing? Comedy clubs are another great option. It is a known fact that laughing improves your overall health! Research comedy clubs in your area.
- Surprise your valentine with a brown-bag lunch – having flowers or gifts delivered to your loved one is great, but we think this is better! Surprise your valentine by showing up in-person with a brown- bag lunch for them!
We hope you have a healthy and fun Valentine’s day! Don’t forget if you don’t have a significant other – make yourself your valentine this year and treat yourself to a healthy gift or activity! Make sure to share this blog with your friends and family so they can celebrate a healthy Valentine’s Day too!