Keeping the Prostate Healthy
Men have a unique piece of anatomy, the prostate, which is often taken for granted until something goes wrong. Then, it can have a significant effect on a man’s quality of life.
The walnut-sized prostate functions as:
- Gland. Primarily produces and secretes semen fluid during ejaculation to help sperm survive in the vaginal environment.
- Blender. Produces prostate-specific antigen (PSA) fluid to mix with sperm and fluid from the testicles.
- Muscle. It functions as a muscle to pump semen through the penis into the vagina to enable procreation.
- Sensation. The pumping action creates a feeling for men that encourages sex and procreation.
- G-spot. Prostate stimulation can produce powerful and intense sexual responses.
- Filter. The prostate’s most crucial function is to filter and remove toxins from food and the environment to protect sperm.
- Erections. Nerves alongside the prostate trigger and maintain erections.
- Secretions. Prostatic secretions protect the urethra from outside invaders.
- Valves. The prostate controls urine flow and ejaculate via two muscles, one internal and one external, called sphincters.
- Hormones. The prostate contains an enzyme capable of converting testosterone into DHT, a powerful hormone essential to sexual drive. Toxin overload can reduce this enzyme’s production.
As men age, prostate issues may arise, typically between the ages of 40 to 60. Men may experience difficulty with urination or discomfort around the prostate.
QOL ProstaCell® is a dual-action supplement that protects prostate cells from hormone-associated changes and supports a strong urinary flow.* Formulated by Dr. Aaron Katz, current Chairman of Urology at Winthrop University Hospital, ProstaCell features some of the most researched and clinically tested natural ingredients. The therapeutic dosages of selected botanicals work synergistically:
- Nettle root extract. This herb, known as stinging nettle, is found across Europe, Africa, Asia, and North America. Used since ancient times, it supports a healthy response to inflammation.* The herb helps maintain normal prostate size to support urinary function and promote normal urinary flow.*
- Pygeum bark extract. Derived from an evergreen tree that is native to sub-Saharan Africa and Madagascar, clinical trials show this extract supports urinary function and steady urinary flow.* A compound in the extract supports normal androgen levels in men, which helps promote a healthy prostate gland.*
- Red clover herb extract. One of the densest sources of isoflavones in nature, this flowering perennial is native to Europe, Asia, and Africa. The phytochemicals derived from this herb have a protective effect on prostate cells.*
- Saw palmetto extract. Native Americans in the coastal Southeastern United States used this herb to maintain prostate health.* This palm tree extract is known for its ability to support healthy urinary flow in men by regulating male sex hormones.*
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol). The body can synthesize this vitamin when sunlight exposure is adequate. It strengthens bone through calcium absorption, modulates immune function, protects prostate cells, and boosts brain chemicals to improve mood.* However, nearly 70 percent of people do not get sufficient vitamin D.
Certain risk factors are beyond our control. Yet simple lifestyle changes can improve prostate health. Maintain healthy body weight, be physically and regularly active, consume a minimum of 2-1/2 cups of vegetables every day, and limit exposure to chemicals and toxic substances.
The willingness to change habits and adopt new perspectives lies between our ears. How much do you value your prostate health?