Let Nature be your Secret weapon - try these Homemade Beauty Recipes!
Today beauty products are extremely expensive. According to a survey conducted by SkinStore, the average American woman will spend up to $300,000 on face products alone in her lifetime.
Most of us can relate to the following scenario. You go shopping in search of a solution for your latest skin or hair dilemma. A pushy sales associate convinces you to spend hundreds of dollars on “investment” products promised to “transform” your look. You diligently follow the instructions, only to reveal no change or worse - your skin or hair is damaged!
I’m sure if you have shopped for beauty products during your lifetime, you can relate to this scenario. Luckily, you can outsmart this trap once and for all with a few simple natural ingredients. Coconut oil, citrus fruits, aloe vera, honey and essential oils are all known to be sufficient for treating many skin and hair ailments.
Leave the harsh chemicals behind and use nature as your secret weapon with these following recipes:
- Anti-aging - If you’re looking for an anti-aging face cream try this! Mix ¼ cup almond oil, 2 tablespoons coconut oil, 2 tablespoons beeswax, ½ teaspoon vitamin E oil, 1 tablespoon shea butter, and the essential oil of your choice.
- Glowing skin – combine 3 tablespoons of orange juice with a quarter-cup of honey. Run the mixture lightly over your face and then leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Acne – mix 2 Tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Apply the mixture to your face and leave on for 10-15 minutes.
- For dry damaged hair – Put 2 Tablespoons of yogurt in a small bowl. Gently warm 1 Tablespoon of honey and 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a small saucepan. It is important not to overheat this mixture. Once they are incorporated pour the mixture over the Greek yogurt and stir until completely mixed. Apply the mask to your hair working up from your ends and massage into your scalp. Rinse your hair after 30-45 minutes.
- Combine 3 Tablespoons of liquid castile soap, 3 Tablespoons of raw honey, 2 Tablespoons of castor oil, and 10 drops of essential oil of choice. Mix these with a spoon in a glass liquid measuring cup!
- Melt ½ cup oil and ½ cup shea butter in a saucepan over low heat stirring often. Once melted, remove from the heat and stir in 12 drops of essential oil (We like lavender or sweet orange). Refrigerate the mixture until the oil has turned back into a solid then add in 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and beat with an electric mixer until it is smooth and creamy. Scoop the mixture into a container with a tight-fitting lid and store your shaving cream somewhere cool!
P.S. You can go to your local craft store and find cute decorative containers that can transform these DIY beauty products into great holiday presents!