Mushroom Holiday Dishes to Try
The holiday season is upon us and now is the perfect time to try out some new, cozy, and warm dishes. One of our favorite ingredients at Quality of Life is mushrooms, making for the perfect incorporation into dishes for the fall and winter months.
Not only will your mushroom dishes be a hit with family and friends this season, but mushroom recipes for winter can boost your health and get you in the cold-weather spirit!
- Learn the best mushroom recipes for the holidays and how to make them
- Explore new dishes with mushrooms to nourish your body this winter
- Use these mushroom recipes in the winter to make family-friendly, healthy meals
Try these holiday mushroom recipes to enjoy delicious, savory bites all season long.
Table of Contents:
- How Mushrooms Boost Your Health
- Classic Mushroom Soup
- Savory Mushroom Gravy
- Lemon Parmesan Mushroom Salad
- Boost Your Health with Mushrooms This Winter
How Mushrooms Boost Your Health
Eating meals with mushrooms in the winter and fall can deliver antioxidants, zinc, vitamin D, and more to your system. These compounds help your body fight off health threats and keep your mood positive.
Mushrooms are low in calories but high in fiber, making them a satisfying ingredient in healthy winter meals.
AHCC® Immune Support Supplements
Mushrooms have many immune-boosting properties when eaten or taken in supplement form. At Quality of Life, we formulated our AHCC® supplements with this fact in mind. AHCC® is a proprietary blend of medicinal mushroom root extracts.
Our AHCC® supplements offer several immune health benefits, such as:
- Boosting natural killer cell activity*
- Increasing numbers of macrophages*
- Increasing numbers and activity of dendritic cells*
- Managing and optimizing T-cell activity*
- Strengthening immune resistance*
The immune-boosting properties of AHCC® help you remain free of uncomfortable symptoms in the cold months, especially those that can occur around the holiday season.*
Try our AHCC® supplements along with these mushroom recipes to protect your health this winter and keep your immune system strong through the holidays so you can enjoy savory food and quality time with family and friends.
Classic Mushroom Soup
Nothing gets you in the winter spirit more than a hot bowl of soup! This could make for the perfect starter at holiday dinners to warm up the insides—and the appetite.
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 pound of baby bella mushrooms
- 3 cloves worth of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
You can use your favorite type of mushroom to make this recipe. Baby bella mushrooms tend to work best because of their size and texture.
- Wash the baby bella mushrooms
- Chop about half of the mushrooms, and slice the other half for the best texture
- Prepare a pot over medium heat
- Add the olive oil, mushrooms, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste
- Sautee until the mushrooms look dark brown and no moisture is left in the pot
- Add the flour and butter to the pot
- Stir everything for two minutes, making sure nothing burns on the bottom
- Add the vegetable broth, dried thyme, and water; stir until everything is combined
- Simmer this liquid until it thickens a bit
- Add in the heavy cream, soy sauce, and more salt and pepper to taste
- Serve hot and enjoy
Savory Mushroom Gravy
Holiday dinners aren’t complete without gravy! Now, you can get all the savory flavor and texture of gravy while gaining the powerful properties of mushrooms. This is the perfect gravy to try for those who are plant-based or looking for a meat alternative.
- 6tablespoons butter altogether (vegan butter if desired)
- 1yellow onion, chopped
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 16ounces mushrooms of choice (any mushrooms will work!)
- 4tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2cups vegetable broth (or other broth if desired)
- 1teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon sugar
- 1/4teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter (or vegan butter or oil) in a pan over medium-high heat. Fry chopped onions until golden-brown. Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add mushrooms and cook about 8 minutes or until golden and liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated.
- Add 4 tablespoons of butter (or vegan butter) and melt. Add in flour, stir to combine, and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring continually.
- Add vegetable broth, vinegar, thyme, sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk continually until the gravy thickens. Cover and simmer on low, stirring occasionally, for about 5-10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Lemon Parmesan Mushroom Salad
If you’re looking for a lighter mushroom dish for the holidays, try this Lemon Parmesan Mushroom Salad for ultimate wellness benefits and tastebud satisfaction. Another great idea for a holiday meal starter, this salad makes for an excellent first course.
- 1 pound of white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound of desired salad mix (any salad mix will work! Try spring mix, spinach, arugula, kale, or any other mixture)
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- 1 clove of grated garlic
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
This delicious mushroom salad pairs well with the tangy parmesan dressing!
This recipe is the easiest to make. All you have to do is place all of the ingredients in a bowl and toss them together, then serve!
Boost Your Health with Mushrooms This Winter
You can use our premium immune support supplements with AHCC® and follow these delicious mushroom recipes to improve your health this winter!* Take on the holidays and the cold months with confidence!