Mushroom Recipes for the Coldest Winter Days
Nothing is better than a warm, comforting meal on a blustery winter day. Mushrooms have a lot of health benefits, including immune support. During the cold winter months, your immune system is under constant attack from health threats and could use the health boosts that mushrooms provide.
When the wind is blowing and the outdoors feel frigid, you can relax and warm up with these delicious mushroom-based recipes.
Winter Mushroom Soup
The classic winter staple is a hot soup that warms your spirits and nourishes your body. This Winter Mushroom Soup recipe is savory and comforting, perfect for those freezing winter days. Whether you are staying at home or on the go in the cold, the Winter Mushroom Soup is sure to keep you warm.
For this Winter Mushroom Soup, you will need the following ingredients:
- ½ cup of dried porcini mushrooms
- One cup of warm water
- Sea salt and pepper (to taste)
- One quart of chicken stock
- Five tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 ½ pounds of sliced yellow onion
- One pound of sliced portabella mushrooms
- One teaspoon of dried thyme
- Optional garnishes
- Cremini mushrooms
- Truffle oil
These ingredients are best when freshly prepared at home. For example, we recommend using homemade chicken stock and buying whole mushrooms to prepare at home. The freshly prepped ingredients will enhance the flavor and texture of the soup.
Follow these instructions to make the Winter Mushroom Soup:
- Soak the porcini mushrooms in warm water until they soften.
- Melt four tablespoons of the unsalted butter in a pot.
- Add in the onions and thyme and cook for five minutes.
- Add in the portabella mushrooms and cook for five minutes.
- Pour in the warm water with the porcini mushrooms and simmer on high for five minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and let the mixture simmer for one hour.
- Remove the soup from the heat source and blend it into a puree.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a saucepan, heat one tablespoon of butter.
- Cook the remaining fresh mushrooms in the butter until they reach the desired consistency.
- Add the cooked mushrooms to each bowl of soup as desired.
- Garnish each bowl before serving and enjoy!
This recipe is simple and has a lot of fresh ingredients. If you are looking for a healthy soup recipe to warm you up this winter, the Winter Mushroom Soup is your go-to.
This slow-cooker barbecue mushroom recipe is a perfect substitute for your favorite meat dish. If you gave up meat for the New Year, consider making these Barbecue Mushrooms your new appetizer. The mushrooms will soak up all of the delicious flavors to deliver a warm, savory experience to your mouth.
These flavorful Barbecue Mushrooms need the following ingredients:
- 16 ounces of white button mushrooms
- Two tablespoons of molasses
- One tablespoon of honey
- One tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- One tablespoon of minced onion
- 15 ounces of tomato sauce
- One grated clove of garlic
- One teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- One teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- One tablespoon of minced chives (optional garnish)
The spices and herbs in this recipe combine to make a decadent warm appetizer for cold winter days.
The Barbecue Mushroom recipe is straightforward and requires the following steps:
- Place the mushrooms in a slow cooker.
- Whisk the tomato sauce, molasses, and honey in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic, Dijon mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Add cayenne pepper to taste for additional spice.
- Pour the sauce over the mushrooms in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for four hours, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with chives and serve individually or on a platter.
Depending on your flavor preferences, you can add more or less of each spice. You and your family or guests will love these delicious slow-cooked Barbecue Mushrooms.
Chipotle Mushroom Chili
Chili is a well-loved winter dish that brings hearty tradition to your table. This Chipotle Mushroom Chili recipe is savory, spicy, and filling for the winter days that leave you shivering. A significant benefit to this chili recipe is that refrigerating and storing it improves the taste over time, allowing the flavors to soak into the mushrooms.
You can feel free to follow your favorite traditional chili recipe for this recipe. These recommended ingredients will complement the flavors and textures of the mushrooms, but you can add mushrooms to any of your favorite chilis.
You will need to add the following ingredients for Chipotle Mushroom Chili:
- Four pounds of mushrooms
- Two poblano green chilies, seeded and diced
- Two tablespoons of jalapeno, seeded and minced
- One tablespoon of minced chipotle chilies
- 12 ounces of lager beer (optional)
These additions will bring out the unique flavor of the Chipotle Mushroom Chili.
Follow these instructions to create the perfect serving of Chipotle Mushroom Chili:
- Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat and add the chunky ingredients. Cook until tender.
- Add in all of your spices and blends. Saute for five minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan.
- Add the beer (optional) and tomato liquid base to the pan and simmer.
- Cover the pan and cook on low heat for one hour, stirring occasionally.
These steps will transform your chili recipe into a decadent blend of tomatoes, mushrooms, herbs, and spices.
Health Benefits of Mushrooms
The premium immune system support supplements AHCC® Platinum and AHCC® Gold harness the medicinal benefits of mushrooms to give your immune system a major boost.* When battling the harsh winter weather, your immune system needs the support of different types of mushrooms and their extracted properties.
Some of the health benefits of mushrooms in general include:
- Vitamin D
- Immune system support
- Reduced blood pressure
The patented blend of mushroom roots found in our AHCC® products pushes beneficial compounds into your system for a powerful immune boost.* If you want to improve your immune health, these mushroom recipes and AHCC® supplements will help you stay healthy all winter long.*