Mushroom Recipes for Winter
The cold weather makes people want to snuggle up and eat warm, nourishing foods.
And delicious mushroom recipes for winter can boost your health and get you in the cold-weather spirit!
- Learn the best mushroom recipes for winter and how to make them
- Explore new dishes with mushrooms to nourish your body this winter
- Use these mushroom recipes in the winter to make family-friendly, healthy meals
Try these mushroom recipes for winter to enjoy delicious, savory bites all season long.
Table of Contents:
- How Mushrooms Boost Your Health
- Classic Mushroom Soup
- Winter Mushroom and Squash Curry
- Lemon Parmesan Mushroom Salad
- Boost Your Health with Mushrooms This Winter
How Mushrooms Boost Your Health
Eating meals with mushrooms in the winter can deliver antioxidants, zinc, vitamin D, and more to your system.
These compounds help your body fight off health threats and keep your mood positive.
Mushrooms are low in calories but high in fiber, making them a satisfying ingredient in healthy winter meals.
AHCC® Immune Support Supplements
Mushrooms have many immune-boosting properties when eaten or taken in supplement form. At Quality of Life, we formulated our AHCC® supplements with this fact in mind.
AHCC® is a proprietary blend of medicinal mushroom root extracts.
Each contains a minimum-strength, medium-strength, and extra-strength dose of AHCC®, respectively.
Our AHCC® supplements offer several immune health benefits, such as:
- Boosting natural killer cell activity*
- Increasing numbers of macrophages*
- Increasing numbers and activity of dendritic cells*
- Managing and optimizing T-cell activity*
- Strengthening immune resistance*
The immune-boosting properties of AHCC® help you remain free of uncomfortable symptoms in the cold months.*
Try our AHCC® supplements along with these mushroom recipes to protect your health this winter.
Classic Mushroom Soup
This Classic Mushroom Soup recipe makes four servings of a traditional comfort food: creamy mushroom soup.
Nothing gets you in the winter spirit more than a hot bowl of soup!
To make this Classic Mushroom Soup, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 pound of baby bella mushrooms
- 3 cloves worth of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
You can use your favorite type of mushroom to make this recipe. Baby bella mushrooms tend to work best because of their size and texture.
Follow these steps to make your Classic Mushroom Soup:
- Wash the baby bella mushrooms
- Chop about half of the mushrooms, and slice the other half for the best texture
- Prepare a pot over medium heat
- Add the olive oil, mushrooms, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste
- Sautee until the mushrooms look dark brown and no moisture is left in the pot
- Add the flour and butter to the pot
- Stir everything for two minutes, making sure nothing burns on the bottom
- Add the vegetable broth, dried thyme, and water; stir until everything is combined
- Simmer this liquid until it thickens a bit
- Add in the heavy cream, soy sauce, and more salt and pepper to taste
- Serve hot and enjoy
Classic Mushroom Soup is sure to warm up any cold winter day!
Winter Mushroom and Squash Curry
Craving Indian food? This Winter Mushroom and Squash Curry recipe has you covered.
To make this recipe, you will need these ingredients:
- 1 pound of mushrooms (your choice)
- 10 ounces of butternut squash, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves worth of minced garlic
- 1-2 small green chilies
- ¾ cup of coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- ½ teaspoon of black mustard seed
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- A pinch of cayenne, to taste
- A pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- A handful of curry leaves
- Cilantro, to taste (optional)
We recommend using a mixture of wild and cultivated mushrooms, if possible, for the best texture and flavor.
Follow these steps to make this recipe:
- Prepare a skillet over medium-high heat
- Add the vegetable oil and squash pieces
- Season the squash with salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the squash pieces for about 2 minutes, or until brown on one side
- Flip the squash pieces, and brown on the other side for 2 minutes
- Remove the squash from the pan and set it aside
- Cut each green chile lengthwise, and place them in the skillet whole
- Add in the diced onion; stir for about one minute until they are cooked through
- Add in the black mustard seed, cumin, curry leaves, minced garlic, coriander, cayenne, and turmeric
- Stir everything, and let it cook for 30 seconds to one minute
- Add in the mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Cook until the mushrooms become soft, which should take about five minutes
- Return the squash pieces to the skillet and stir in the coconut milk, allowing the mixture to simmer
- Turn the heat to medium, and allow the mixture to simmer for five more minutes
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Stir in the lime juice before serving
- Serve hot, and enjoy
This recipe brings the flavors of India right to your kitchen table!
Lemon Parmesan Mushroom Salad
If you want a lighter, healthier mushroom dish this winter, try this Lemon Parmesan Mushroom Salad.
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound of white mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- 1 clove of grated garlic
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
This delicious mushroom salad pairs well with the tangy parmesan dressing!
This recipe is the easiest to make. All you have to do is place all of the ingredients in a bowl and toss them together!
You can add your favorite greens, like spring mix or spinach, to the salad. With this mushroom salad, you can add some health to your lunches during the cold months.
Boost Your Health with Mushrooms This Winter
You can use our premium immune support supplements with AHCC® and follow these delicious mushroom recipes to improve your health this winter!* Pick up a bottle of our AHCC® supplements today.