PSL... but make it Healthy!
At QOL, we think it can! A Grande Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks will set you back 400 calories while also flooding your system with 50 grams of sugar. Your body isn't the only one footing the bill for this one; it will also hit you in your wallet for $6 a pop.
Luckily for you, we found a delicious PSL recipe that is healthy, affordable, and you can make it in the comfort of your own home.
Here is our healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe:
First, gather your ingredients. Here's what you will need:
- 8 ounces brewed coffee (or 1–2 shots of espresso)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- sprinkle of cinnamon
Maybe a hot drink isn't your cup of tea? Or you're looking for something with more of a kick? Try this Pumpkin cream cold brew instead! Here's what you will need,
For the base:
- 1 1/2 cups cold brew coffee (or any iced coffee)
- 1–3 teaspoons maple syrup, or your preferred coffee sweetener (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup (or your preferred kind of sweetener*)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus extra for garnish
- pinch of fine sea salt
Next, make the pumpkin foam. In a measuring cup or frothing pitcher, combine the cold milk, maple syrup, pumpkin purée, vanilla, pumpkin spice, and salt. Use a milk frother to froth the milk until it reaches a tight whipped-cream-like foam consistency.
Finally, assemble the drink. Fill a serving glass with ice, pour in the iced coffee, then spoon the pumpkin foam on top. Sprinkle with a pinch of extra pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
We hope you can enjoy these healthy recipes to celebrate the change in season! Let us know which is your favorite in the comments!