Stock up on these Non-perishables
Trying to avoid the grocery store to avoid social interactions?
You can stock up on healthy non-perishables to keep your trips to the market at a minimum. The advantage of non-perishables is that they don’t require refrigeration, and they tend to have a long shelf life, sometimes two to three years!
We’ve included a list of healthy items to add to your list that’ll keep you well-stocked while you hibernate.
We’ve even included a list of guilt-free snacks so you can still munch and graze while you finish Netflix!
Healthy Non-Perishable Grocery List
- Nuts and seeds
- Nut butter
- Jams, jellies, and honey
- Dried fruits
- Beef and turkey jerky
- Canned tuna
- Gluten-free pasta and canned tomato sauce
- Granola bars and protein bars
- Rice and beans
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Non-dairy milk like almond, coconut, rice, macadamia, etc.
Our Favorite Healthy Non-Perishable Snacks
Sometimes, you want an easy snack, and you don’t want to prepare a meal. No judgment! Here are our favorite snacks that you can indulge in without feeling like you’re derailing your healthy eating plan:
- Hippeas Organic Chickpea Puffs and Tortilla Chips – Made from chickpea flour, these chips come in puff and tortilla chip styles. They are denser than regular chips, making them extra filling. They’re also vegan and gluten-free!
- Purely Elizabeth Superfood Oats – Need a quick breakfast or a mid-morning snack? Purely Elizabeth’s oats come in a single serving pack. They’re also gluten-free with non-GMO ingredients.
- Lesser Evil Paleo Puffs – If you like Cheeto puffs, you’ll love this healthier alternative. There are four flavors to choose from, including a vegan cheese style and a sweet honey roasted variety. The brand now makes popcorn, too!
- Siete Cassava Flour Chips – Cassava flour tastes very similar to regular flour, but these chips are made from the cassava root, a healthy food staple native to Latin America.
- Enjoy Life Gluten-Free cookies and bars – If you love sweet and chewy desserts, you’ll love the cookies and bars from Enjoy Life. They’re gluten-free and use more natural ingredients than other processed snacks.
- Doctor in the Kitchen Flackers – These crackers are made of flax seeds, which are rich in omega 3s.
- Skinny Dipped Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds – Chocolate cravings are no joke, but dark chocolate is relatively healthy. It’s even considered a superfood that’s high in antioxidants. This snack pairs salty and sweet in a healthy, single-serving snack.
- SmartSweets Keto-Friendly Gummy Treats – This brand makes gummy bears, rings, and Swedish-style fish. The low sugar content makes them keto-friendly, but you’d never guess that the sugar content is only 3 grams per serving.
- Bare Crunchy Apple Chips – Get crunching with this low-calorie snack that’s rich in nutrients. Who doesn’t love freeze-dried apples?
- Second Nature Protein Trail Mix – It’s easy to grab Planters nuts off the shelf, but we prefer healthier brands, including Second Nature.
- Justin’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups – These cups are just as tasty as Reese’s, but a whole lot healthier. Ditch the milk chocolate and peanut butter combo and opt for dark chocolate and almond butter instead.
- Nuttzo Organic Crunchy 7 Nut and Seed Butter – This nut butter will change your life. Trust us.
- Kirkland Organic Dried Mangoes – Dried mangoes are probably the world’s tastiest foods. We like the Kirkland brand because there’s no added sugar and the bigger bag is more economical.
- Harvest Snaps Snapea Crisps – Satisfy your chip craving with these dried snap peas. Be careful, though. It’s easy to eat the whole bag!
- Paleonola Grain-Free Granola – You’ll never crave cereal again once you try Paleonola. You can enjoy this paleo-friendly, gluten-free cereal alternative with milk or yogurt for breakfast. Or grab a handful right out of the bag for a satisfying snack.
- Banana Brand Plantain Chips – Have you ever had plantain chips? Plantains are like bananas, but starchier, and they are very versatile. These chips don’t have a hint of sweetness. They are crunchy, salty, and savory.
Do you have a favorite non-perishable, healthy snack? Let us know your favorite!