The Health Benefits Associated with Laughing are No Joke!
Happy April Fools’ Day! This is a holiday where people play jokes and pranks on each other. At QOL, we fully support these April Fools’ Day shenanigans because they evoke something extremely beneficial to your health – increased laughter! Did you know that laughing is more than just a good feeling – it offers many health benefits. In this Blog we will tell you about some of the health benefits associated with laughing, and share a few ways to add more laughs to your day!
Laughing offers physical, mental, and social health benefits. The best part of using laughter as a form of medicine is that it is free, fun, and easy to use!
Some of the physical health benefits of laughter are:
- Improved immunity
- Lower stress hormones
- Decreased pain
- More relaxed muscles
- Improved heart health
A few of the mental health benefits of laughing are:
- Increased joy
- Reduced anxiety and tension
- Less stress
- Improved mood
- Stronger resilience
Finally, laughing offers the following social benefits:
- Strengthens relationships
- Attracts others
- Enhances teamwork
- Helps reduce conflict
- Promotes group bonding
Here are some easy ways to add more laughs to your day:
- Laugh with others – and occasionally laugh at yourself!
- Try a laughing meditation or laughing yoga class
- Give yourself a humor break – watch a few funny videos or scroll through social media and follow some accounts that create humorous content.
- Put on a funny movie or TV show!
Share this blog with your friends and family so they can get in on the laughs too!