Your Summer Healthy Cocktail Game with Lychee
Ready to up your summer cocktail game?
No offense to margaritas and mojitos, but this summer, let’s get creative and try something refreshing and somewhat healthy, too?
We compiled a list of 5 healthy cocktail recipes that include lychee fruit. Lychee (pronounced lie-chee), is a tropical fruit fondly nicknamed the “alligator strawberry” because it has red, bumpy skin. They’re relatively small, about an inch-and-a-half to two inches in diameter, with sweet white flesh with a hint of floral flavor. It’s delicious on its own but shines when mixed with juices, smoothies, and cocktails.
Despite their small size, lychee fruit packs a punch when it comes to health benefits Lychees are high in Vitamin C, copper, and potassium. To help you get some of the benefits of lychee out in the wild, give these refreshing summer cocktails a try!
- Watermelon Lychee Cocktail
You’ll never want to leave the pool with one of these healthy cocktails in your hand! Make a batch of three by following this recipe.
Two cans Sparkling Seltzer in Watermelon flavor
¾ cup lychee juice
One mini watermelon
- Slice three thin half slices of watermelon. Place them in the glass by twisting them for a stunning visual presentation (rind included).
- Pour ¼ cup lychee juice into each glass.
- Pour 2/3 can of sparkling seltzer into each glass.
- Put two to three peeled lychees on a skewer and place it across the top of the glass.
- Add a sprig of mint as a garnish.
- Coconut Lychee Colada
Move over piña coladas. There’s a new kid in town! This blended drink is creamy, delicious, and dairy-free!
- One 20-ounce can of whole peeled lychees in syrup. Drain the lychees before use, but set aside one tablespoon of heavy syrup to use later.
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup of coconut water
- 5-6 large ice cubes
- Lime wedges
The instructions couldn’t get any easier! All you have to do is combine the lychees, syrup, coconut milk, coconut water, and ice cubes in a blender. Pour over ice (optional) and garnish with a lime wedge.
- Lychee Ginger Fizz
If champagne is more your speed, you’ll want to try this Ginger Fizz with lychee as a star ingredient.
- 2 ounces lychee liquor
- 1.5 ounces ginger syrup
- Squeeze of lemon
- Dry sparkling flavored seltzer
- Peed lychee
Start by pouring the lychee liquor into two champagne flutes. Add the ginger syrup and lemon juice. Stir. Top up the glass with sparkling seltzer and stir gently. Garnish with one peeled lychee and a sprig of mint.
- Melon Lychee Martini
This drink is bright green, so it’s also a perfect cocktail for St. Patrick’s Day, Earth Day, and any day that celebrates green! Double this recipe to make two!
- 1.5 tonic water
- 1 ounce Midori melon liqueur
- 1 ounce canned lychee juice
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- One lychee (for garnish)
As the saying goes, “shaken, not stirred.” Fill a shaker with ice and add tonic, Midori, lychee juice, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Shake for 20+ seconds to combine all the ingredients. Strain contents into a chilled martini glass and garnish with lychee.
- Lychee Rose Mimosas
Add some blush to your Sunday brunch with this beautifully hued mimosa. Sparkling rosé cider gives this cocktail its pink color, and the lychee fruit makes a perfect addition to your breakfast routine.
- One bottle of sparkling cider
- 30 ounces of lychee in syrup (separate the lychees from syrup to use later)
Make sure all your ingredients are chilled. Then, pour 1.5 ounces of lychee syrup and 1 ounce of rosewater into a champagne flute or coupe. Top up your glass with sparkling cider and garnish with two or three lychees.
Have you tried any other lychee cocktail recipes? Let us know in the comments!