We Heart You!
At Quality of Life we heart our customers! So we want to make sure that you are treating your heart right. Since February is heart health month we would like to give you a quick overview on cardiovascular health and provide you with some suggestions on natural supplements to take to keep your heart healthy!
Your cardiovascular system is a lot like a gas pump. Just like a gas pump includes the pump as well as the tubes that carry the gas, your cardiovascular system includes your heart itself as well as the vessels that carry your blood throughout the body. So it’s absolutely essential to protect both!
There are multiple factors that affect the health of your heart, therefore it is important to educate yourself on these factors so you can choose supplements that can provide you with the most benefits.
- Your blood pressure- As blood passes through your vessels, the force it exerts against the vessel walls is called blood pressure. When blood pressure is too high, it forces your heart to work overtime.
- Your cholesterol levels- Your arteries carry blood away from your heart to the rest of your body. High levels of LDL (“bad”) cholesterol can form a sticky buildup on your artery walls, making it harder for blood to get through.
- Your arterial health- If your arteries become hard and stiff, it becomes difficult for them to expand and contract as needed to accommodate changes in blood flow.
- Your blood flow- Like every part of your body, your heart needs oxygen-rich blood to function. That’s why it’s vital that your heart gets plenty of blood every second of every day.
The first heart health supplement we want to introduce to you is CardioChol; this supplement is special because it works in four ways to address all factors of heart health.
- Helps maintain blood pressure levels already within a normal range*, with guaranteed-absorption MicroActive CoQ10. As a key player in the manufacture of ATP, CoQ10 helps fulfill the energy demands of the heart.* Other forms of “bioavailable” (solubilized) CoQ10 may be well-absorbed by some, but poorly absorbed by others. However, MicroActive CoQ10 has been clinically proven to double CoQ10 levels in 100% of users.
- Lowers cholesterol, with plant sterols.* Plant sterols are structurally similar to cholesterol, so they compete with it for absorption. As a result, diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol, which provide a daily total of at least 0.8 grams of plant sterols, may reduce the risk of heart disease. While many plant sterol products provide as little as 0.8 grams of plant sterols per day, CardioChol supplies a full 2 grams- the amount found effective in a recent meta-analysis flexibility.*
- Promotes clean, flexible arteries, with resVida resveratrol.* A human clinical trial conducted by the university of South Australia found 30 mg of resVIda per day increased arterial flexibility.*
- Supports healthy blood flow to the heart, with arjuna bark.* Two human clinical trials have demonstrated that arjuna bark, at a dosage of 500-600 mg daily, supports healthy blood flow to the heart, presumably by causing the blood vessels to dialate.*
Many people struggle with maintaining a healthy blood pressure. If blood pressure is your main concern, we would like to introduce you to our second heart health supplement- Ameal BP! This supplement is specialized to help maintain blood pressure levels already within healthy limits.*
Ameal BP is made from a naturally occurring component of milk protein called casein. The fermented milk tripeptides have been demonstrated in multiple published, placebo-controlled human clinical trials to maintain blood pressure levels both systolic and diastolic already within a healthy range.*
We love this supplement so much because it is safe and free of side effects, and it is even safe for people who have lactose intolerance. Even though Ameal BP is made from milk protein, its lactose level is undetectable making it safe for those who cannot digest lactose. Ameal BP is also gluten free, GMO free, and vegetarian.
The final heart health product we would like to share with you is – CoQ10-SR®. Coenzyme Q10 is one of the most intensively studied cardio-protective nutrients, which can also increase overall energy and act as a powerful antioxidant against free radicals.*
However, unfortunately standard CoQ10 is poorly absorbed which has lead to the creation of numerous technologies in an effort to improve its bioavailability. Unfortunately these products can help some people increase their CoQ10 absorption, but others will only absorb very little or feel no effect at all. Our CoQ10-SR® is different. It delivers sustained release over 24 hours, with MicroActive® CoQ10, the only form of CoQ10 shown in human clinical studies to have universal enhanced absorption across all subjucts.*
It is important to choose the right cardiovascular supplement for your specific needs - make sure to consult with your doctor to figure out which will be the most beneficial for you!